Eyestrain is a common ocular disease and prolonged eyestrain would probably affect one’s eyesight. Then what can we do to relieve eyestrain? In following, we offer several tips to relive eyestrain so as to avoid a series of consequential problems caused by eyestrain.
Tips to relieve eyestrain:
1. Lead a regular lifestyle and take enough time for rest and sleep.
2. Maintain proper proportion of moisture in dry seasons or in air-conditioned places.
3. Improve the working environment. Maintain appropriate light condition, use both direct lighting and indirect lighting and don’t work in the place where the brightness of the surrounding objects are excessively darker than that of the working objects.
4. Eat more foods which are rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin B, for instance, carrot, leek, spinach, tomato, tofu, milk, egg, animal organs and lean meat, and so on.
5. Be caution of proper use of the eyes. Maintain upright sitting posture and keep proper distance when you are watching something. Stay away from long-lasting, short distance and tense work. If you should deal with work before a computer for a long time, you could choose a high-definition screen and appropriate-brightness computer. Maintain a distance of about 60cm between the eyes and the screen, and look at the screen horizontally or downwards slightly. Besides, take a 5-10 minutes’ rest after working per hour and you could look far into the distance as possible with relax sense and frequent winking.
6. Apply the eyestrain-relieving eyes drop under the doctors’ indication. 90% of the current eyes drop contains preservative which would cause impairment to the surface cells of the eyes. Patients with dry-eye syndromes could choose those artificial lacrima without preservative.
7. Take regular check so as to find traces of diseases and cure it as soon as possible. You should go to see a doctor in time if you have some discomfort in your eyes, so that it can be diagnosed in the early stage and eliminate the pathogenic lesions through adjusting ametropia by getting right lenses for your eyeglasses, overcoming the exophoria defects by extraocular muscles training and so on.