experience in the modification of clothing in the four seasons
TCM life cultivation has accumulated more experience in the modification of clothing in the four seasons. It demands that dressing and undressing should keep with seasonal changes. For example, in spring, cold does not disappear completely and yang qi increases gradually. Accordingly, it is advisable to wear less upper garments and usual trousers to promote the rising of yang qi. In summer, though yang and heat are excessive, people still need proper dressing to consolidate and protect healthy qi. In autumn, it turns cool, people should also pay attention to the addition of clothing. However, too many garments at a time should be avoided. As the saying goes, "muffle the body in spring and freeze the body in autumn." This means that man should keep himself warm in spring and wear less so as to feel a bit cool in autumn. In winter, more clothing should be added with the increasing intensity of cold. The "once and for all" in dressing cannot be reached and excessively heavy clothing should be avoided.
Keeping the body extremely warm or excessively cold is not advisable. Otherwise, the body will lose its ability to endure wind and cold, consequently causing the declined body resistance against pathogenic factors and weakened ability to prevent diseases. As for old people and people with weak physique, their tolerance of cold and heat is relatively poor. Thus, undressing should be as cautious as possible to avoid the invasion of wind, cold, summer-heat and dampness.
In the case of profuse sweating, undressing is shunned from wind. Otherwise, the body is susceptible to attack by pathogenic wind and cold which consequently gives rise to diseases. Wet clothes with sweat should not be worn long, for after perspiration, the striae of skin are loose and the wet garments are not easily dried. If the sweat and dampness stay on the skin long, they will impair the yang qi of the human body, easily giving rise to pathological changes of wind, cold and dampness.
You may also be interested in:
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
What will you find in this Guide? The goal of our Online Guide to Allergies and
Eating four or more apples a week during pregnancy appeared to lower the risk
In fact, a kind of apple cider vinegar is just vinegar, while the use of
Each year, thousands of Canadians promise to quit smoking. Nicotine patches,
Too much sleep you do not want to appear evil, but in reality the average
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Temporal lobe tumor
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
Best of tcmwell.com
Christina Applegate says she has a clean bill of health after undergoing
Herbal tea, which relies on Chinese traditional pharmacological principles to
Summary of governments, international agencies and companies are increasingly
The more an adolescent perceived that successful and elite people smoke
Acupuncture is one of the oldest healing practices in the world. As part of
Cold refers to inflammation of the upper respiratory tract caused by a viral
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- The Treatment of Menopausal Palpitations with Chinese Medicine
- Foot Massage improve Zang-fu Organs And Underdevelopment Of Physique
- Tcm is more and more popular
- Remedies For Treating Allergies
- How To Practise Health Fitness Exercise:Qigong
- Hypertension, a Silent Killer
- Conditions That Can Contribute to Fatigue
- The Best Foods To Be Taken During Menopause
- Study Finds Strong Anti-Cancer Properties In Cruciferous Veggies
- Ways To Prevent Upper Back Pain
- Guide to Combating Allergies
- Sept Qigong Practices for Hypertension
- Structural description of the human body
- Diet has no Effect on Weight Loss