Plantain root, treating diabetes
The main mode of control of diabetes is usually food, exercise and replacement therapy of insulin and the use of herbal capable of lowering the level of sugar in the blood (hypoglycemic). Diet therapy with insulin or oral hypoglycemic agent is an important tool in the treatment of diabetes if it has several disadvantages.
The main disadvantages of insulin therapy are the side effects, including allergies and the insulin-insulin antibodies and other complications later on with the kidneys, eyes, feet, blood and blood vessels "complications. Similarly, the anti-diabetes diabetes have many side effects such as nausea and vomiting, jaundice, anemia, and skin.
Diabetes is recognized as a major cause of mortality and morbidity in the world. It is a chronic disease with a strong elevation of sugar in the blood.
Plants have been used for the main source of treatment of diabetes mellitus in the old time Indian medicine and the world.
The latter, which was tested using the extract of root of Musa paradisiaca (plantain) and Coccinia indica (ivy gourd climbing) in foil and composite in order to correct diabetes. This was reported in the latest issue of Afr. J. Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicines.
M. paradisiaca is like a tree with thick grass stem convoluted compound leaf sheaths. The plant root is use for worming purposes, the flowers are astringent, while the fruits are mild laxatives.
It helps in the fight against diarrhea and dysentery, and promotes healing of intestinal lesions in ulcerative colitis, a disease of the bowel. It is useful in celiac disease, constipation and peptic ulcer. Cooked ripe fruit and flowers are useful in the treatment of diabetes.
Coccinia indica is a climbing perennial herb of the family Cucurbitaceae and is widely distributed throughout India. The root and leaves of this plant have antilipidemic effects and antioxidant effects.
Research conducted by Ghosh Debida of Bio-Medical Laboratory Science and Management Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India highlighted the effectiveness of antidiabetic methanol-aqueous extract of M. and C. paradisiaca indica. Whicwh The study is the first to try the extracts of these two plants in the management of type I diabetes mellitus, found in either the separate or combined forms, it has resulted in the reduction of blood glucose levelin rats used for the experiment.
Of comparative analysis, it was revealed that the extract of plants studied when used in composite mode on streptozotocin-induced diabetes was more potent effect of lowering blood sugar in comparison to the use of 'individual extract of the plant.
The researchers concluded that this extract contains the active compound of ¨ C sugar lowering agent (s) that can be used to overcome the complications of diabetes by pancreatic? cellular regeneration and stimulation of insulin secretion.
In another development, researchers said they discovered that the ingredient found in some plants fight diabetes in mice, without some of the side effects attributed to other anti-diabetes.
They identified the chemical, known as Harmine was first isolated more than 150 years ago from plants traditionally included in ritual and medicinal preparations around the world.
The work offers a new approach for the treatment of insulin resistance that might complement the use of pre-existing drugs and, more generally, provides validation for fat cell screens as a promising strategy for identifying new metabolic drugs, according to researchers.
Despite the efficiency, development and clinical use of other drugs is limited by adverse effects such as water retention, weight gain, congestive heart failure, liver toxicity, and potential risks cancer and, consequently, the need for new approaches to treating insulin resistance.
You may also be interested in:
Winter is the neck shoulder pain prone season, the other seasons do not feel
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
Men with high levels of calcium in the blood of May have a much higher risk to
Previous studies have confirmed a link between smoking in movies and the
Traditional drugs associated with the Uygur, Hui and people of Kazakhstan are
The ancient city of Lijiang, listed by the UNESCO in 1997 as a world cultural
TCM considers the human body that carried out the integrated connection by
There are approximately 10 super foods that can play a major part in reducing
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Three Mistakes of Eating Habits
- Five storing & six excreting vicera
- Uygur Medicine Improve Human Body Health
- Natural Home Remedies for Common cold
- China traditional ethnic medicines
- Structural description of the human body
- Drinking Coffee Can Ward off Diabetes
- Plantain root, treating diabetes
- Investigation into the operation and use of Tibetan Materia Medica
- Apple cider vinegar can prevent the H1N1 virus?
- Chinese Tibetan Medicine
- The 10 most unwelcome gesture
- Qigong And Tai Chi Classes At Lower Township Library
- Especially Among Girls，Significant Rise In Childhood Obesity
- Grape juice good for the heart