High Blood calcium tied to lethal prostate cancer
Men with high levels of calcium in the blood of May have a much higher risk to get fatal prostate cancer, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.
The results indicate that a simple blood test in May to identify men at high risk for tumors of the prostate more dangerous, and there are already drugs that reduce the levels of calcium in the blood, researchers said.
They followed 2814 men in the government health survey in which they gave blood samples that revealed calcium levels.
The men in the top third of blood calcium was 2.68 times the risk of developing prostate cancer fatal later in life compared to those in the lower third, the study found.
"If serum calcium really increase your risk of prostate cancer deaths, it's wonderfully exciting because serum calcium levels can be changed," Gary Schwartz of Wake Forest University School of Medicine, who helped lead the study , said in a telephone interview.
"One way to think of it is to think of the immense progress in the control of cardiovascular disease that occur from understanding that things like serum cholesterol to predict heart attack," said Schwartz added.
Doctors are struggling to find ways to predict whether a man who has prostate cancer have a tumor that poses little risk, as is often the case, or is a killer.
Blood calcium was not very predictive of whether a man would be nonlethal prostate cancer, but it is highly predictive of whether a man would be a fatal case, the researchers wrote in the American Association for Cancer Research journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention.
You may also be interested in:
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
What will you find in this Guide? The goal of our Online Guide to Allergies and
Eating four or more apples a week during pregnancy appeared to lower the risk
In fact, a kind of apple cider vinegar is just vinegar, while the use of
Each year, thousands of Canadians promise to quit smoking. Nicotine patches,
Too much sleep you do not want to appear evil, but in reality the average
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
- Teens & Poor Sleep, High Blood Pressure
Best of tcmwell.com
For example, in 2002, the average of ten years, a young girl was 2.1 percent
People taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work, can expect to live
Pregnant women who live through wars are more likely to give birth to a child
Ginseng is the best known and most popular Chinese herb. It is known as the
A healthy lifestyle will help you reap rich dividends in the long run. It is
Recipe1: Walnut 120 gm and an adequate amount of Sesame oil. Administration:
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Too Much, Too Little Sleep Lead To Stroke Risk
- Can prevent heart disease?
- China traditional ethnic medicines
- Indoor Smoking Bans
- Birth weight affects infection risk in childhood
- Treat For Your Hiccups
- Study Finds, Energy Drinks Jolt Blood Pressure
- Common cold-Hand therapy
- Yoga Helps Those With Asthma
- Treating Hiccups
- BASIC PRINCIPLES
- Hair needs nutrition
- Health Care Of The Eyes With Self-tuina
- Identify Chemical Odor Of Skin Cancer
- Self-tuina on the Neck