High Blood calcium tied to lethal prostate cancer
Men with high levels of calcium in the blood of May have a much higher risk to get fatal prostate cancer, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.
The results indicate that a simple blood test in May to identify men at high risk for tumors of the prostate more dangerous, and there are already drugs that reduce the levels of calcium in the blood, researchers said.
They followed 2814 men in the government health survey in which they gave blood samples that revealed calcium levels.
The men in the top third of blood calcium was 2.68 times the risk of developing prostate cancer fatal later in life compared to those in the lower third, the study found.
"If serum calcium really increase your risk of prostate cancer deaths, it's wonderfully exciting because serum calcium levels can be changed," Gary Schwartz of Wake Forest University School of Medicine, who helped lead the study , said in a telephone interview.
"One way to think of it is to think of the immense progress in the control of cardiovascular disease that occur from understanding that things like serum cholesterol to predict heart attack," said Schwartz added.
Doctors are struggling to find ways to predict whether a man who has prostate cancer have a tumor that poses little risk, as is often the case, or is a killer.
Blood calcium was not very predictive of whether a man would be nonlethal prostate cancer, but it is highly predictive of whether a man would be a fatal case, the researchers wrote in the American Association for Cancer Research journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention.
You may also be interested in:
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
What will you find in this Guide? The goal of our Online Guide to Allergies and
Eating four or more apples a week during pregnancy appeared to lower the risk
In fact, a kind of apple cider vinegar is just vinegar, while the use of
Each year, thousands of Canadians promise to quit smoking. Nicotine patches,
Too much sleep you do not want to appear evil, but in reality the average
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Temporal lobe tumor
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
Best of tcmwell.com
Description The hair loss Hair loss is a medical term describing the partial or
More than 150 people became ill and hospitalized more than 30 countries in an
Herbal tea, which relies on Chinese traditional pharmacological principles to
Acupuncture is one of the oldest healing practices in the world. As part of
Techniques such as yoga, meditation, biofeedback and progressive relaxation,
Western medicine is a science-based anthropotomy and takes its first principles
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Study Finds Strong Anti-Cancer Properties In Cruciferous Veggies
- How to Lose Weight While You Sleep!
- Ginseng - Buying Guide
- Health Care Of The Eyes With Self-tuina
- Self-tuina on the Neck
- Migraines may protect against memory loss
- Ginger, Curry May Offer Cure to Kennedy's Disease
- How Normal Is Smoking?
- Study Finds, Energy Drinks Jolt Blood Pressure
- Remedies For Treating Allergies
- Schools And Characteristics Of Taiji Quan
- Drinking Heavy Amounts Of Alcohol
- Acupuncture Helps Some Pregnant Women Avoid C-Sections
- Chinese Herbs for the mind: Action for depression, anxiety, insomnia
- Chinese Medicine Treat Depression