Cell phones unlikely to cause brain cancer
The researchers examined the relationship between mobile phone use and risk of glioma by studying 1,521 glioma patients and 3,301 controls.
The vast majority of both groups reported using cell phones. Overall, 92 percent of glioma patients and 94 percent of controls reported ever using a mobile phone.
Cell phone use does not appear to be associated with an increased risk of glioma -- the most common type of brain tumor, according to a new study. The story may be different, however, for intense use of cell phones over many years.
"Public concern has been expressed about the possible adverse health effects of mobile telephones, mainly related to (brain) tumors," Dr. Anna Lahkola, of the Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority, Helsinki, and colleagues explain in the International Journal of Cancer.
Overall, there was no evidence of increased glioma risk related to regular mobile phone use.
There were no significant associations observed with duration of use, years since first use, cumulative number of calls, or cumulative hours of use.
No increased glioma risk was observed when analog and digital phones were analyzed separately.
There was, however, a trend toward increased risk of glioma in people who used a cell phone for more than 10 years exclusively on one side of the head, which was on the same side as the tumor. The association reached "borderline statistical significance."
"This may be due either to chance or causal effect or information bias, i.e., overreporting of mobile phone use on the affected side by the cases with brain tumors," the investigators comment.
You may also be interested in:
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
What will you find in this Guide? The goal of our Online Guide to Allergies and
Eating four or more apples a week during pregnancy appeared to lower the risk
In fact, a kind of apple cider vinegar is just vinegar, while the use of
Each year, thousands of Canadians promise to quit smoking. Nicotine patches,
Too much sleep you do not want to appear evil, but in reality the average
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Temporal lobe tumor
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
Best of tcmwell.com
Prostate cancer researcher says that the Chinese compound ginger and curry
A 10-YEAR-OLD boy from a poor family in Sichuan province has finally received
Summary of governments, international agencies and companies are increasingly
There are more hairloss cures than is possible to try in the years that it is
Compared to people who've never smoked, former smokers have a higher risk of
High increasingly popular energy drinks caffeine drinks May do more than give a
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Smokers Have Higher Risks for Bowel Diseases
- Stomachache of Symptoms
- Happiness linked To Better Health
- Qigong and Taoism
- chronic cough
- Remedies For Treating Allergies
- Tcm is more and more popular
- Chinese Tibetan Medicine
- Schools And Characteristics Of Taiji Quan
- CCTV to launch a "hand-like disease where a" physician or lipeigang is God?
- Could Carrots Be The Secret To A Long Life
- Hair Loss Description
- Acupuncture 'Helps Women Have Babies'
- Mania-Depressive Psychosis
- Health Care Of The Eyes With Self-tuina