Can epilepsy be fatal?
Most people with epilepsy lead a full life span. However, the risk of premature death is to increase the number, which depends on several factors:
* In some cases, epilepsy is a basic condition for more serious symptoms, such as cancer, stroke or an increased risk of death with one.
Who and epilepsy continue to experience significant decline or injury from their head, may occasionally be life-threatening seizure of certain types of * people were injured.
* A long time or rapid onset of continuous seizures, a condition called status epilepticus. * Can be life threatening. Seizures sometimes occur suddenly stop using drugs.
* Few people can experience sudden death with epilepsy (SUDEP). These events are not well understood, although sometimes they were suspected of custody due to cardiac rhythm disturbances. (Sudden death due to heart rhythm disturbances, of course, but also in the general population.) Risk of sudden death is not the increase in all types of epilepsy, but more between the occurrence of large seizures, especially generalized tonic-clonic seizures those who are not well controlled.
To a large extent, it seems optimal control seizures and some common-sense safety measures can reduce the risk of epilepsy-related deaths.
You may also be interested in:
Winter is the neck shoulder pain prone season, the other seasons do not feel
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
Men with high levels of calcium in the blood of May have a much higher risk to
In China, before the mid-twentieth century, all mental illnesses were treated
Symptoms include episodic rotational vertigo (attacks of a sensation of
Many women from the Baby Boomer generation are experiencing (or rapidly
Many patients develop anemia as a result of chemotherapy and this causes them
A lot of people know, the incidence of esophageal cancer with personal way of
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- When You're Dizzy
- The Truth About Acupuncture
- Five storing & six excreting vicera
- Tibetan medicine diagnostic methods - Pulse Diagnosis
- Traditional Chinese Medicine for Insomnia
- Good methods of slimming leg
- Chinese medicine beauty you caring hormone
- People Taking Stairs Expected to Live Longer
- Hospital Benefits From Fewer Antibiotics
- Acupuncture for Asthma treatment
- Longevity Tea
- Guide to Combating Allergies
- The risk of sugary drinks
- At Meals Soup Help Cut Calories
- Only 15 per cent of elderly with depression are diagnosed