• tcmwell.com

at can I do to protect myself from catching influenza A(H1N1)?

Updated: Wednesday, Dec 02,2009, 3:06:43 PM
  • A
  • A
  • A
Share this URL

What can I do to protect the capture of influenza (H1N1) themselves?
In the new influenza (H1N1) virus, the main means of transmission seems to be similar to seasonal influenza, through talking about the expulsion of droplets, sneezing or coughing. You can prevent the person who is infected with influenza symptoms to avoid close contact (and try to maintain about one meter, if possible), and take the following measures Distance:

• Avoid touching your mouth and nose;
• Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, or clean with alcohol rub them on a regular basis (especially if encountered mouth and nose, or the surface potential pollution);
• Avoid people who may be ill and in close contact;
• If possible, reduce congestion on the set time;
• Increase your living space, open the windows ventilation;
• the implementation, including adequate sleep, good health habits, eating nutritious food, and maintain physical activity.
How kind of the use of masks? WHO recommends that?
If you are not sick you do not wear a mask.

If you are a sick person care, you can wear a mask you have close contact with the patient and destroyed immediately after contact with wash hands thoroughly after cleaning.

When and how to use face masks?

If you are sick, you must travel or around other people, including your mouth and nose.

In all cases, the proper use of masks is essential. Incorrect use will actually increase the spread of infection.

How do I know if I have influenza (H1N1)?

You will not be able to distinguish between seasonal influenza and influenza (H1N1 virus, poor) There is no medical help. The typical symptoms of seasonal guard against a similar virus, including fever, cough, headache, body aches, sore throat and runny nose. Only your doctor and local health authorities can confirm that the influenza (H1N1) cases.

How should I do if I think I have any illness?

If you feel unwell, high fever, cough, sore throat:

• stay at home and not let work, school or group to leave;

• Rest and take plenty of fluids;

• cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing, if you use paper towels, be sure to carefully deal with them. Wash your hands immediately with soap and water or clean them with alcohol rub;

• If you do not have passed, coughing or sneezing, as much as possible when you cover your mouth with the crook of your elbow in close;

• use a mask, to help you control the spread of the droplets when other people around you, but it must do so correctly;

• Your condition inform family and friends, and to avoid contact with others;

If possible, •, before the link to the health-care facilities in order to discuss the need for medical examination of the health professionals.

I should antiviral drugs now in case I seize the new virus?
Can not, you should take antiviral drugs, such as oseltamivir and zanamivir, if your health care provider recommends that you do so. Individuals are allowed to purchase drugs without a prescription in order to prevent or combat this new flu, they should exercise caution through the Internet to purchase antiviral drugs.

Warning of the antiviral drugs did not buy a prescription in English [pdf 35kb]
How kind of breast-feeding? I should stop if I am ill?
No, unless your health care doctors recommend IT. Other influenza virus infection studies have shown that breastfeeding is the most likely to protect baby's right - it is beneficial for pregnant women through the immunity and reduce the risk of respiratory diseases. Breastfeeding infants to increase their defense and the best overall nutritional factors in combating disease.

When someone should seek medical care?
A person should seek medical care, if they are shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, shortness of breath or experience of more than three days if the fever continues. For a young child who is sick, seek medical care for their parents, if the child has fast or breathing difficulties, persistent fever or convulsions (epilepsy).

Support at home to take care - rest, drink plenty of fluids and use of analgesics in pain - is in most cases to restore adequate. (A non-aspirin painkillers, should be used for children because of the risk of Reye syndrome in young people.)

If I go to work, if I have influenza, but I feel good?
Whether your first influenza (H1N1) influenza or influenza, they should stay at home and through the duration of your symptoms away from work. This is a precautionary measure, you can protect your colleagues and other jobs.

Can I travel?
If you feel unwell, flu-like symptoms, you should not travel. If you have any doubts about your health, you should check your health care provider.

Tags: influenza H1N1

Post A Comment