What is influenza H1N1 viruses?
• Avian Influenza H1N1 virus is a new influenza virus disease caused by people. It has two genes, in Europe and Asia, swine influenza virus is usually distributed, together with the avian flu genes and human genes. Scientists say this is "four-fold with" virus. Learn more about where this virus comes from the Q & A on the origin of avian flu H1N1 virus.
• Avian influenza H1N1 virus transmission. This new virus is first found in the American people in April 2009. The virus is spread from person to person, the same way, the regular seasonal flu virus to spread.
• H1N1 bird flu virus does not eat pork or pork products. Avian influenza H1N1 virus is not a food-borne disease, which is the respiratory disease. United States Department of Agriculture to continue to remind consumers that all meat and poultry products are safe to eat, the proper preparation and cooking.
With the new H1N1 avian influenza virus • disease ranged from mild to severe. Although the Who is infected with H1N1 bird flu virus, most people do not need treatment, hospitalization and death recovery occurred.
• About 70 who had been hospitalized with the H1N1 avian flu that people have one or more placed in the "high risk" category of the serious complications of seasonal influenza-related medical conditions. These measures include pregnancy, diabetes, heart disease, asthma and kidney disease.
• elderly people (adults aged 65 and over) a priority for the anti-viral treatment, to limit the risk of complications, if they have bird flu. While your age means you get a lower risk of bird flu, some dangerous diseases (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, etc.) means that if you are sick, you can from any higher risk of complications from influenza.