Traditional Chinese Medicine: What is Acupuncture?
Sunday, Sep 06,2009, 5:22:06 PM Click:
The concept of Acupuncture is based on the premise that a particular force or energy runs through our body and is called as Qi (pronounced as Chee). Qi is the source of all mental, spiritual, emotional and physical aspects of our bodies. Further, approximately 14 energy “expressways” or pathways (called meridians) run from the human head to toe and two opposing universal forces, called Yin and Yang act together to create a harmonious balance in our body which is primarily the cornerstone for good health -- it is when this balance is upset that we have problems and our bodies give up on us. Acupuncture, utilizes thin needles which are inserted at these strategic points (also called as acupoints) to help regulate the flow of the abovementioned energy pathways in our bodies.
Traditional Chinese Medicine brings the magic of the orient into practical healing. It has been, and still is effective. So much that it is still being considered as one of the leading alternative healing methodologies. Acupuncture is a part of TCM. So What is Acupuncture? Read on to know more:
For thousands of years, the Chinese and Asian cultures have held secrets pertaining to our body, health and mind. One such priceless gift from the orient is the practice of “Acupuncture”. Acupuncture is one of the oldest forms of medical practices in the worlds and is actually a part of a large umbrella of therapeutic practices pertaining to ‘Traditional Chinese Medicine” and seeks to restore health by acting on certain key locations (points) in our body. Acupuncture is now being considered as a part of “Complimentary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) in the United States.
Over 9 different types of needles exist of which about 6 are in professional use today. The needles have a long shaft and a bulbous head and are disposable after use. The insertion of the needles isn’t painful at all but there is a sensation that must be felt by the recipient. This sensation, also called as deqi (Dah Chee) acts as a vital feedback mechanism for Acupuncture practitioners. . These needles function effectively and Acupuncture is said to have been the standard especially for a lot of conditions -- from common cold to Erectile Dysfunction.
Various additions to acupuncture exist today and some of the most popular versions are electro-acupuncture, which employs “small electrical pulses through the acupuncture needles”, according to Acupuncture .com; Acupuncture using lasers and sound waves (Sonopuncture); Ear Acupuncture (Auriculotherapy); Moxibustion, which involves application of heat to the Acupuncture points; cupping and lots more.
One of the famous alternatives is Acupuncture , which is nothing but acupuncture without the use of needles; Acupuncture uses the fingers of our hands, usually.
You may also be interested in:
Moxibustion originated from the Chinese ancient times, because of it of
From obesity are usually poor stomach function, digestion and absorption of
Acupuncture weight loss Does it hurt? Is it will be very hemp? Acupuncture
Maximize health, relieving pain. Your body is a dynamic and articulation of the
Acupuncture is more effective than medication in reducing the severity and
Acupuncture is more effective and long term (in the joint management of the
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Ear acupuncture
- The Primary Moxibustion Points
- Acupuncture treatment of freckles
- Acupuncture can be effective treatment for fatty liver
- What are ear seeds and ear tacks?
- What is Cupping Therapy
- Sometimes You Feel Worse Before You Get Better With Acupuncture
- Abdominal acupuncture needle techniques
- Acupuncture Safe Alternative To Inducing Labor
- Halo needle, is a rare adverse reaction to acupuncture
Best of tcmwell.com
Acupuncture is the stimulation of specific points located near or on the
Acupuncture is a natural therapy that is a form of Chinese medication. It
Summer freckles name plaque, its clinical manifestations of the needle to the
Each acupuncture point is specifically associated with certain medical
Acupuncture is the best way of alleviating chronic back pain - and it's far
Though acupuncture and moxibustion are frequently used together to treat
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Acupuncture Treatment of Migraine
- How might acupuncture work?
- Acupuncture weight loss Does it hurt
- acupuncture Maximize health
- Acupuncture needles
- Parallel needling the lateral line III front
- Acupuncture treatment of freckles
- Acupuncture treatment of headache
- How to Lose the Weight and Keep It Off with Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- The Special Efficacy of Acupuncture
- Weight loss by Acupuncture
- How do I choose an acupuncturist
- Diuretic Chinese Medicine Found to Limit Tumour Growth
- Moxibustion In Traditional Medicine
- Body Acupuncture Treats Nasosinusitis