Acupuncture,Ease Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting
The most commonly stated fear of patients prior to elective surgery is not death or a surgical mishap. It's post-operative nausea and vomiting (PONV), and 25 to 40 percent of surgical patients are at risk. Defined as any episode of nausea, retching or vomiting in the 24 hours immediately following an operation.
Acupuncture has been cited by the World Health Organization to treat over 43 conditions effectively by increasing the circulation of blood and lymphatic fluids, reducing muscular tension, and alleviating pain through the release of endorphins. By keeping the body balanced, acupuncture can both restore and maintain health.
In several recent studies, Acupuncture has been proven to lessen PONV symptoms. A trial in 2004 was done to look at the effectiveness of acupuncture in 220 women undergoing gynecological or breast surgeries. The patients who received acupuncture showed a significant decrease in the incidence of PONV. Another study conducted by Duke University Medical Center on breast surgery patients found positive results in the use of Acupuncture to prevent occurrences of post-operative nausea and vomiting. It also stated that Acupuncture increased general patient satisfaction post-op.
According to this study, 70 percent of women who undergo major breast surgery that requires general anesthesia experience PONV, making breast surgery the leading cause of nausea/vomiting post-op. However, 77 percent of the women who were treated with acupuncture suffered no PONV, nor did they require antiemetic drugs (anti-vomiting medication). The women who received acupoint stimulation also had less post-surgical pain.
You may also be interested in:
- Acupuncture and the Treatment of Acne
- The essence of weight reduction in acupuncture
- The doctor of traditional Chinese medicine acupuncture how to treat high fever
- The doctor of traditional Chinese medicine acupuncture treatment coma
- The doctor of traditional Chinese medicine acupuncture treatment Stubborn hiccupping
Moxibustion originated from the Chinese ancient times, because of it of
From obesity are usually poor stomach function, digestion and absorption of
Acupuncture weight loss Does it hurt? Is it will be very hemp? Acupuncture
Maximize health, relieving pain. Your body is a dynamic and articulation of the
Acupuncture is more effective than medication in reducing the severity and
Acupuncture is more effective and long term (in the joint management of the
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Ear acupuncture
- The Primary Moxibustion Points
- Acupuncture treatment of freckles
- Acupuncture can be effective treatment for fatty liver
- What are ear seeds and ear tacks?
- What is Cupping Therapy
- Sometimes You Feel Worse Before You Get Better With Acupuncture
- Abdominal acupuncture needle techniques
- Acupuncture Safe Alternative To Inducing Labor
- Halo needle, is a rare adverse reaction to acupuncture
Best of tcmwell.com
Parallel inferolateral needling the line of occiput This way of needling is the
Li a certain cadres, while the notched, the prime of life, in their own units,
The soles of the feet of people over many blood vessels, so the scientists to
Acupuncture is the stimulation of specific points located near or on the
In general, acupuncture is safe when done by a certified acupuncturist . A
Parallel needling the lateral line of the front II This way of needling is
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Acupuncture is very safe
- Acupuncture May Ease Overactive Bladder
- Parallel needling the lateral line III front
- Acupuncture safe?
- Acupuncture treatment of freckles
- Acupuncture Treatment of Migraine
- Expert Treats Acupuncture And Moxibustion
- Moxibustion therapy, you know it?
- acupuncture & acupressure-What is Acupuncture?
- Parallel needling the lateral line of the front II
- acupuncture Maximize health
- Moxibustion In Traditional Medicine
- Contraindications And Points For Attention In Tuina
- Turn the most toxic merciless 3 flavor Chinese medicine
- How do I choose an acupuncturist