Our eyelids to help protect our eyes. Blepharitis is a common disease that causes inflammation of the eyelids. Four main reasons:
* Excessive oil produced by glands in the eyelids
* Bacterial infection - Staphylococcus aureus is usually
* Allergic reactions
Such as rosacea or seborrheic dermatitis of the face and scalp conditions *
Blepharitis occurs in two forms:
* Front blepharitis affects eyelids, eyelashes in front of other local attached. The two most common causes of bacterial former blepharitis (DRC) and scalp dandruff.
* After the impact the eyelid blepharitis (wet part, so that eye contact), and with the oil (sebaceous) glands in the eyelid caused by a part of the problem. Two skin
disorders can cause this form of blepharitis: acne rosacea, leading to red and inflamed skin, and seborrheic dermatitis.
Symptoms and Complications
Symptoms of blepharitis include a foreign body or burning sensation, excessive tearing, itching, sensitivity to light (photophobia), redness and swelling of the eyelids, eye
redness, blurred vision, frothy tears, dry eyes or eyelashes on scab awakening.
Complications from blepharitis include:
* Eye of a needle - A is an acute infection of the sebaceous glands in the eyelid caused by eyelid red tender bump.
* Problems with the tear film - unusual or reduce oil secretion is part of the tear film may lead to excessive tearing or dry eyes. Because tears are necessary to maintain a
healthy cornea, tear film problems can make people more at risk of corneal infection.
* Chalazion - a situation that can follow the development of a needle. This is a usually painless firm lump are: sebaceous glands in the eyelid caused by inflammation.
Chalazion can be painful and red, if there is infection.
Both forms of treatment blepharitis involves keeping clean shell covered free. Warm compress should be applied to relax the lid shell, then use cotton swabs and baby shampoo
mixture of water and light scrubbing the eyelids. Because blepharitis rarely disappear completely, most patients have lifelong health habits to keep the eyelids. If it is severe
blepharitis, eye care professional may also prescribe antibiotics or steroid eye drops.
When the existence of seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff shampoo for the hair is recommended as well. In addition to the warm compression, posterior blepharitis patients need to
massage their eyelids to clean the accumulation of oil glands. Patients who have rosacea skin condition may need to address the conditions at the same time.