acupuncture treatment of peripheral neuropathy
What is peripheral neuropathy?
Peripheral neuropathy is damage to the peripheral nervous system, information from the brain and spinal cord sends to all other body parts.
In most cases, conditions secondary to peripheral neuropathy, including diabetes, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, alcoholism, malnutrition, AIDS or poisoning by heavy metals, chemotherapy or more drugs.
Other causes include compression or entrapment) (CTS), a direct injury to a nerve (trauma, came the injuries, fractures or dislocations of bones, nerves, surface pressure (ulna or radial), prolonged use of crutches or staying in places is the same position, volume, intraneural hemorrhage, cold, radiation or atherosclerosis.
Includes a syndrome, symptoms of numbness, tingling, pricking, touch sensitivity, burning, pain and muscle weakness and atrophy of the upper and lower extremities. The legs and feet may be affected before the hands and arms.
Numbness or insensitivity to pain or temperature, itching, burning, tingling, or sharp, burning pains or cramps extreme sensitivity to touch, even light touch loss of balance and coordination of muscle weakness, muscle wasting symptoms are paralysisThese often worse than the night.
Many people have symptoms of neuropathy in the investigation, but no symptoms.
How can acupuncture treatment of peripheral neuropathy?
Traditional Chinese medicine teaches that moisture from peripheral neuropathy to move the limbs, if you prevent the flow of qi (energy) and blood. The treatment is double, the key parameter that causes this moisture to collect and deal directly facilitate the circulation of blood and qi to the affected area. By improving blood circulation, the nervous tissue of the affected area can be cultivated in order to facilitate the repair of nerve function and pain.
Peripheral neuropathy is a symptom of many different patterns of disharmony in the body. Oriental Medicine aims, each clearly depend on what the cause of neuropathy, and shows how it handles.
Acupuncture can do an interview and questions about how, what, where and when you feel pain, eat, sleep, sweating, drinking and exercise, to name a few. The therapist can also feel the pulse and observing the tongue. The interview and physical examination will help ensure a clear picture of where the physician to create a response plan specifically for you.
In addition to acupuncture, other methods such as trans cutaneous electronic nerve stimulation (TENS), low current signals pain, acupuncture for skin, herbal therapy and physiotherapy block can be used in combination to achieve more Fast.
What is an acupuncture treatment?
There seems little sensitivity to the integration of acupuncture needles. It is so thin that acupuncture needles can go more in the middle of a hypodermic needle. Sometimes there is a brief moment of discomfort when the needle penetrates the skin, but when the needles are there to relax and fall asleep, most people, even during treatment.
What changes in diet and lifestyle for me?
The adoption of healthy habits - such as maintaining optimal weight, avoiding exposure to toxins, according to a program under the supervision of a physician with exercise, balanced diet is correct deficiencies in vitamins and to limit or avoid alcohol - physical and emotional effects of peripheral neuropathy. minor
Consider relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, self-hypnosis or biofeedback. You can learn to control the external factors that cause pain.
Want to find the right acupuncturist for you. If you like, and trust your doctor, your encounter with acupuncture will be more positive. They also want acupuncturists training and experience, and know what to expect from acupuncture treatment as well.
Decide in advance what your expectations and discuss with your acupuncturist. A chronic illness can last several months of acupuncture should be directed to have a significant impact. If you are not satisfied with progress, think about changing acupuncturists or check with your doctor about other options for the West.
The more clearly who is treating you and exactly what the treatment, the more you can relax during the acupuncture session and benefit from this ancient form of healthcare.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- How do I care after appendectomy
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
Best of tcmwell.com
However, Tibetan color inspection is also one that has ethnic uniqueness. For
Abnormal semen disease, refers to semen sperm count, viability, vitality,
Non-specific symptoms of chronic gastritis, little signs, X-ray examination
Traditional Chinese medical science is an important part of Chinese culture.
Gastric cancer is a common digestive tract cancer, occurred in middle-aged and
Swelling Stiffness of the joint between the pelvic bones (the ilium) and
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- The prevention of chronic gastritis
- Abnormal semen disease
- Young people how to prevent tuberculosis?
- Diarrhea Due To Yang Deficiency Of The Spleen And Kidney
- Pulmonary abscess
- chronic gastritis The diagnosis
- Understanding of the causes of hyperlipidemia
- Spinal Arthritis
- chronic gastritis of Clinical manifestations
- American Ginseng Reduces Blood Sugar
- Diagnostic criteria for fungal vaginitis
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
- Traditional Chinese Medicine coughing Research
- Bronchial asthma (asthma for short) is an attack of chest tightness, coughing
- Gastric cancer is a common malignant tumor of digestive tract