Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is caused by some sort of external force that damages the brain
Traumatic brain injury
TBI can also be caused by a forceful hit, a car accident, a fall down some stairs that can result in a fractured skull or a bullet fired from a gun into the head. Many deaths of young children you hear about on the news are TBI's, the result of the child being hit or the child be thrown into or against something.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is caused by some sort of external force that damages the brain, for example, a slamming of the head against the ground or the floor that basically bruises the brain. Many athletes suffer concussions when this happens. You do not have to lose consciousness to have a concussion. Although some athletes may minimize concussions, this is a mistake; that there is no such thing as a "minor" concussion; and that repeated concussions can cause, not only permanent brain damage, they can even be fatal.
In an infant, brain injury can result from even less impact. Shaken Baby Syndrome is a term used to describe a range of symptoms resulting from violent shaking of an infant or small child. the degree of brain damage depends on the amount and duration of the shaking. Signs and symptoms range from irritability and lethargy to seizures, coma and even death. Infants should never be shaken; Shaken Baby Syndrome is almost always the result of child abuse.
Every year, one million people go to hospital emergency rooms with brain injuries. They are treated and sent home. Another 230,000 people hospitalized each year for brain injury end up staying for a period of time in the hospital, but survive. Fifty thousand die. Of those that survive each year, 80 thousand people have injuries that result in long-term disabilities. The Brain Injury Association estimates that 5.3 million Americans are living with disabilities caused by brain injury. That's some 2 percent of the population.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- How do I care after appendectomy
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- Clinical manifestations of liver cirrhosis
Best of tcmwell.com
(A) the principal is to increase the body resistance training can change the
The internal causes more emotional changes, poor diet Related Information The
Chronic nephritis is referred to as chronic glomerulonephritis, is a common and
Primary liver cancer is a malignant tumor occurred in the liver. China's annual
Where women of child-bearing age, married couples living together for more than
Swelling Stiffness of the joint between the pelvic bones (the ilium) and
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Young people how to prevent tuberculosis?
- The prevention of chronic gastritis
- Diagnostic criteria for fungal vaginitis
- Diarrhea Due To Yang Deficiency Of The Spleen And Kidney
- chronic gastritis The diagnosis
- American Ginseng Reduces Blood Sugar
- History of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- The human body is composed of more than 200 bones of different shapes and sizes
- Traditional Chinese Medicine coughing Research
- Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract
- Bronchial asthma (asthma for short) is an attack of chest tightness, coughing
- Understanding of the causes of hyperlipidemia
- Abnormal semen disease
- Modern Chinese medicine treatment for infertility
- Gastric cancer is a common malignant tumor of digestive tract