All parts of type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes are required insulin therapy. Necessary condition, different formulations of insulin in diabetic patients, dose, frequency and also different. Now would like to introduce you to the ten insulin usage:
1. Effect of insulin once a day: the effect of insulin duration of its efficacy is approximately 12 hours, it is generally with diabetes need injections twice a day. However, if the islet dysfunction in patients with mild high blood sugar during the day just after meals, not eating at night while fasting blood glucose control was better case can be injected once the effect of insulin before breakfast. Conversely, if the patient better glycemic control during the day, only fasting blood glucose is high, such as obesity, diabetes excessive eating dinner or early morning blood glucose was significantly elevated, can be injected once at bedtime intermediate-acting insulin injections per dose 0.2 kg Unit calculations. Patients bedtime injection of insulin, the peak of insulin action can occur just before breakfast. This helps the patient to control high blood sugar in the morning.
2. Intermediate-acting insulin at bedtime with a daytime oral hypoglycemic agents: overweight diabetics inject insulin after fattening. Such patients if blood sugar is not too high, can be taken orally three times a day biguanide antidiabetic drugs to hypoglycemic, lipid-lowering, weight reduction, and then again at bedtime intermediate-acting insulin injections to combat morning hyperglycemia-induced insulin resistance.
3. Acting insulin used twice in one day: This usage applies to fasting and postprandial hyperglycemia in patients with mildly elevated. After this use insulin, if the patient's fasting blood glucose was well controlled, and postprandial blood glucose remains high, can use Novolin 30R, twice a day injections.
4. One day with two Novolin 30R or 50R: This usage applies to most of the fasting plasma glucose and postprandial hyperglycemia as the main symptoms of diabetes. The human insulin preparations, its advantages are: absorption performance, stronger. Patients according to the level of postprandial blood glucose, insulin appropriate changes in the ratio of R, and generally just the preparation injected twice a day. But it also has shortcomings, namely high blood sugar after lunch poorly controlled high blood sugar after lunch so patients using Novolin same time, the need to increase by an oral hypoglycemic agents.
5. 3 times a day with a short-acting insulin: This usage applies to the initial high blood sugar and insulin, or severe infection and had just had surgery for diabetic patients. Its advantages are: the patient can adjust the amount of insulin based on fasting blood glucose and food intake, and after treatment in patients with less hypoglycemia; Its disadvantages are: poor on the night and early morning high blood sugar control.
6. Before breakfast and before lunch with a short-acting insulin before dinner with Novolin 30R: This usage applies to use twice a day Novolin 30R of glycemic control. The advantage of this usage are: to reduce the amount of insulin, improve efficacy, prevent hypoglycemia in patients. Breakfast, the use of short-acting insulin before meals to control postprandial blood glucose two after using Novolin 30R to control blood sugar at night for dinner and more in line with the physiological condition of the body to secrete insulin.
7. With short-acting insulin before meals, at bedtime with the effect of insulin: This usage for large elderly or labor-intensive, pre-diabetic patients with eating disorders, or breakfast and use of short-acting insulin before lunch, before dinner with Novolin 30R morning glycemic control. With short-acting insulin before meals to control postprandial blood glucose, insulin, or bedtime with the long-acting recombinant insulin (glargine, insulin arginine), can be maintained in patients with basal insulin secretion at night, more in line with the body's insulin secretion law, can effectively inhibit the conversion of glycogen to glucose in the liver, reducing fat breakdown, the patient remained stable blood sugar at night, but the patient is not easy to hypoglycemia.
8. One day with a short-acting insulin four times: before meals and at bedtime that insulin injections. This usage applies to the initial use of insulin or the occurrence of ketosis but temporarily unable hospitalized diabetic patients. But patients bedtime insulin dose should not exceed 10 units.
9. Once a day insulin analogue insulin glargine (Lantus): insulin glargine absorbent stable unstable patients due to the use of the traditional long-term absorption of the suspension to avoid hyperglycemia, can effectively control the basic sugar, lower Patients with hypoglycemia chance. Lantus injection once a day, and for use in fast-acting insulin before meals Humalog, can simulate physiological insulin secretion, which is comparable with hypoglycemic effect of insulin pumps.
10. 6 times a day with a short-acting insulin: This usage applies to special needs of patients with type 1 diabetes. In the 2000 Sydney Olympics, the United States is in a short-course swimmer Hall 6 insulin injections a day to get the situation under the Olympic champion.