Seizures caused by high fever in small children are called febrile convulsions
Seizures caused by high fever in small children are called febrile convulsions. a child experiencing a febrile seizure often lose consciousness, shaking, the limbs move, become rigid or contraction. Most febrile seizures last just a minute or two, but they may be shorter and more than that. about one in 25 children have at least one febrile seizure, and many of them are over 5 years before. Febrile seizures usually occur in children between 6 months and 5 years.
Although febrile seizures may seem daunting, it is unlikely that the child is injured. there is no evidence that this type of seizure causes brain damage. Here are some things a parent can do that can help prevent injury or suffocation.
* Stay calm
child seat * on a protected surface, such as soil
* Do not restrain the child in convulsion
Place the child on the belly * To prevent choking
* Remove all elements of the path of the child
* Do not place anything in the mouth of the child
There are some factors that may increase the risk of a child to have recurrent febrile convulsions. They include:
* Be the first seizure before 15 months
* Frequent fevers
* Having an immediate family member with a history of febrile convulsions
* Have a short time after the seizure from a fever has begun, or when the temperature is low
recommends that the child be examined by a medical evaluation as soon as possible, especially if he or she shows signs of a stiff neck, lethargy or vomiting.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- How do I care after appendectomy
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- Clinical manifestations of liver cirrhosis
Best of tcmwell.com
Chronic nephritis is referred to as chronic glomerulonephritis, is a common and
Primary liver cancer is a malignant tumor occurred in the liver. China's annual
Understanding of the causes of high blood lipids Called diseases of modern
Lung abscess, visual observation Here are two lung abscess, one in the left
Unexplained leukemia is a malignant disease of the blood system. Characterized
Chinese medicine has long been awareness of the disease, in the "Huang Di Nei
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- How to prevent childhood appendicitis?
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
- Traditional Chinese Medicine coughing Research
- Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep
- The prevention of chronic gastritis
- Broccoli prevent stomach cancer
- chronic gastritis of Clinical manifestations
- Abnormal semen disease
- Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract
- History of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Diarrhea Due To Yang Deficiency Of The Spleen And Kidney
- Primary liver cancer
- New Study Of Prescription
- Urinary stone disease is a general term urinary tract lithiasis
- Unexplained leukemia is a malignant disease