Purulent purulent meningitis is a bacterial invasion of the brain of different spinal cord membranes, causing an acute infection of the central nervous system diseases. For common diseases, particularly in patients with multiple children. Clinically, a rapid onset, high fever, headache, vomiting and meningeal irritation springing characteristics. If not treated early or not complete, may be due to shock, DIC, or life-threatening legacy aphasia, hemiplegia, and mental disorders after-effects. Case-fatality rate for pneumococcal meningitis, the highest, about 30 ~ 60%.
Many bacteria can cause the disease, including meningitis, caused by bacteria most often, followed by Haemophilus influenzae, pneumococcus, Escherichia coli and other gram-positive bacteria (eg Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa) bacteria Staphylococcus and Lee Division Intuit , anaerobes, and so on.
(A), the symptoms
A sudden high fever, chills, severe headache, vomiting associated with spray. Infant may have alternating irritability and lethargy, eyes staring; shrill cry, refusal to milk, easy to panic and so on. In severe cases, quick access to a coma.
2, poisoning face, skin petechia, neck stiffness, pathological reflex positive. Babies fontanelle bulge full, horn bow against Zhang. Such as the dehydration of the infant, do not justify the performance.
3, a variety of acute purulent meningitis features:
(1) meningitis: incidence of more than 2 ~ in April. More common in preschool children. Early stage of skin petechia or ecchymoses, its more than 2 mm in diameter. 3 to 5 days after the illness often with a nose around the perioral herpes simplex.
(2), pneumococcal meningitis: incidence in spring and autumn season in the main. More common in children less than 2 years of age or adults over the age of 50. Often accompanied by pneumonia or otitis media.
(3) The influenza bacillus meningitis: more common in children less than 2 years of age, compared with the above-mentioned two types of onset has slowed down, the more obvious early symptoms of upper respiratory tract.
(4), Staphylococcus aureus meningitis: often accompanied by purulent skin infections such as pyoderma, folliculitis, etc. can be seen in some patients with scarlet fever in early stage disease, or urticaria-like rash.
(5) Pseudomonas aeruginosa meningitis: more common in cases of craniocerebral trauma can also be a result of lumbar puncture or spinal anesthesia when the disinfection of lax pollution caused by the development of more moderate course.
4, laboratory examination:
(1) CSF: cerebrospinal fluid pressure was significantly increased, turbid appearance, showing rice soup-like. Cell count increased to 1,000 / mm3 and above, with the main neutral multinucleated cells. Protein and blood, she was test positive. Reduction of sugar and chloride. Smear or culture can find the corresponding pathogen. Pneumococcal meningitis in advanced cases can be expressed as proteins, cell separation.
(2) blood culture: a pathogen generation.
(3) blood count: white blood cells increased significantly, mainly in neutral multinucleated cells. Staphylococcus aureus meningitis, but when the WBC count may be normal or slightly lower, with a clear shift to the left phenomenon, and there are toxic particles appear.
(4) skin petechia smears: ECM the patient's examination, can be found in meningococcus.
5, immunological test: CIE, lactic acid and collaborative agglutination test agglutination test for rapid diagnosis of meningitis positive rate of 80% or more; indirect hemagglutination, hemagglutination inhibition test, fluorescent antibody staining, radioimmunoassay Dengjun help rapid diagnosis.
(B), prevention and prognosis of
1, exercise the body, enhance physical fitness, improve disease resistance.
2, such as the existence of pneumonia, otitis media, skin infections, etc., should make early use of antibiotics to prevent bacteria and the incidence of meningeal invasion.
3, early treatment, the treatment properly, may be cured, such as delays in treatment, poor prognosis, or sequelae.
4, for children under 15 years of age may be vaccinated meningitis vaccine, there is a certain role in the prevention of epidemic cerebrospinal meningitis, immunization is valid for 1 year.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- How do I care after appendectomy
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
Best of tcmwell.com
Where women of child-bearing age, married couples living together for more than
Understanding of the causes of high blood lipids Called diseases of modern
However, Tibetan color inspection is also one that has ethnic uniqueness. For
Chinese medicine has long been awareness of the disease, in the "Huang Di Nei
Habitual abortion refers to pregnancy for women or 2 times 2 times more than
The internal causes more emotional changes, poor diet Related Information The
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Classification and characteristics of diseases of the Interi
- American Ginseng Reduces Blood Sugar
- Gastric cancer is a common malignant tumor of digestive tract
- chronic gastritis The diagnosis
- Wild Garlic Plants May Treating High Blood Pressure
- Diagnostic criteria for fungal vaginitis
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
- chronic gastritis of Clinical manifestations
- Spinal Arthritis
- Snoring during pregnancy, may mean that diabetes
- Traditional Chinese Medicine coughing Research
- Primary liver cancer
- Urinary stone disease is a general term urinary tract lithiasis
- egg increases the risk of developing diabetes
- Pulmonary abscess