Ischemic colitis is inflammation that most often results from lowered blood flow to the colon
Sunday, Jun 20,2010, 2:57:51 PM Click:
* pain in the abdomen
* blood in the stool
IC tends to affect those over the age of 50. You may be at a higher risk if you have or have had any of the following:
* cardiovascular disease, especially peripheral arterial disease
* congestive heart failure
* abdominal radiation
Ischemic colitis is often confused with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease because the symptoms are much the same.
In some cases, IC can be triggered by medications or infections. IC can also develop as a complication of abdominal aortic surgery.
IC can be diagnosed using several tests, including colonoscopy. During colonoscopy, a flexible lighted tube is inserted into your rectum and guided into the colon. A sample of the colon may also be taken to biopsy.
that IC may clear up on its own never to be a problem again, but it also can become chronic. You should contact your healthcare provider if you have symptoms, because in some cases there can be serious complications.
If symptoms are mild, treatment may focus on keeping the underlying conditions in control. You may be given antibiotics to prevent infection. More severe cases may require surgery to remove the affected portion of the colon.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- How do I care after appendectomy
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
Best of tcmwell.com
Chinese medicine has long been awareness of the disease, in the "Huang Di Nei
Bronchial asthma (asthma for short) is an attack of chest tightness, coughing,
The internal causes more emotional changes, poor diet Related Information The
Lung abscess, visual observation Here are two lung abscess, one in the left
Where women of child-bearing age, married couples living together for more than
Primary liver cancer is a malignant tumor occurred in the liver. China's annual
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Wild Garlic Plants May Treating High Blood Pressure
- Primary liver cancer
- Abnormal semen disease
- Bronchial asthma (asthma for short) is an attack of chest tightness, coughing
- Pulmonary abscess
- Unexplained leukemia is a malignant disease
- Chamomile Tea May Help Prevent of Diabetes
- Habitual abortion refers to pregnancy for women or 2 times 2 times more than those of spontaneous ab
- egg increases the risk of developing diabetes
- New Study Of Prescription
- Understanding of the causes of hyperlipidemia
- chronic gastritis The diagnosis
- Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract
- The Ethnic Uniqueness Of China's Tibetan Medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicine coughing Research