Hypercalcemia is a disorder
Hypercalcemia is a disorder in which the level of calcium in the blood is too high.one of the most common causes is primary hyperparathyroidism. The condition can also be caused by medications, by excessive use of certain vitamin supplements and is also associated with certain cancers.
In mild cases, there may not be any symptoms. When symptoms are present, they can include:
* bone pain
* memory loss
* kidney stones
When hypercalcemia is due to hyperparathyroidism, treatment options can range from doing nothing in mild cases, to parathyroid surgery in severe cases.
Hypercalcemia can also occur in 10-20 percent of people with cancer. The main causes of hypercalcemia due to cancer are an increase in the amount of calcium absorbed from the bones (some cancer cells secrete substances that cause this to happen), and an inability of the kidneys to excrete excess calcium.
the cancers most often associated with hypercalcemia are cancer of the breast and lung , as well as certain cancers of the blood, particularly multiple myeloma. It may also occur in patients with head and neck cancer, cancer of unknown primary origin, lymphoma, leukemia, kidney cancer, and gastrointestinal cancer.
the most common symptoms of hypercalcemia associated with cancer are the same as for hypercalcemia caused by hyperparathyroidism, and can also include:
* problems thinking clearly
* lack of appetite
* frequent urination
* increased thirst
* nausea and vomiting
Hypercalcemia can be diagnosed by blood tests. The severity of the hypercalcemia and the underlying cause determine the amount of treatment necessary. When hypercalcemia is due to hyperparathyroidism, surgery may sometimes be needed to remove some or all of the parathyroid gland. Severe hypercalcemia should be treated immediately and aggressively, often with medications and rehydration. Less severe hypercalcemia may warrant less aggressive treatment.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- How do I care after appendectomy
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
Best of tcmwell.com
Swelling Stiffness of the joint between the pelvic bones (the ilium) and
However, Tibetan color inspection is also one that has ethnic uniqueness. For
Non-specific symptoms of chronic gastritis, little signs, X-ray examination
Chronic nephritis is referred to as chronic glomerulonephritis, is a common and
The human body is composed of more than 200 bones of different shapes and
Lung abscess, visual observation Here are two lung abscess, one in the left
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Chamomile Tea May Help Prevent of Diabetes
- Young people how to prevent tuberculosis?
- Modern Chinese medicine treatment for infertility
- How to prevent childhood appendicitis?
- Broccoli prevent stomach cancer
- Primary liver cancer
- The Ethnic Uniqueness Of China's Tibetan Medicine
- Wild Garlic Plants May Treating High Blood Pressure
- Urinary stone disease is a general term urinary tract lithiasis
- Snoring during pregnancy, may mean that diabetes
- Spinal Arthritis
- Understanding of the causes of hyperlipidemia
- egg increases the risk of developing diabetes
- The prevention of chronic gastritis
- New Study Of Prescription