Hypercalcemia is a disorder
Hypercalcemia is a disorder in which the level of calcium in the blood is too high.one of the most common causes is primary hyperparathyroidism. The condition can also be caused by medications, by excessive use of certain vitamin supplements and is also associated with certain cancers.
In mild cases, there may not be any symptoms. When symptoms are present, they can include:
* bone pain
* memory loss
* kidney stones
When hypercalcemia is due to hyperparathyroidism, treatment options can range from doing nothing in mild cases, to parathyroid surgery in severe cases.
Hypercalcemia can also occur in 10-20 percent of people with cancer. The main causes of hypercalcemia due to cancer are an increase in the amount of calcium absorbed from the bones (some cancer cells secrete substances that cause this to happen), and an inability of the kidneys to excrete excess calcium.
the cancers most often associated with hypercalcemia are cancer of the breast and lung , as well as certain cancers of the blood, particularly multiple myeloma. It may also occur in patients with head and neck cancer, cancer of unknown primary origin, lymphoma, leukemia, kidney cancer, and gastrointestinal cancer.
the most common symptoms of hypercalcemia associated with cancer are the same as for hypercalcemia caused by hyperparathyroidism, and can also include:
* problems thinking clearly
* lack of appetite
* frequent urination
* increased thirst
* nausea and vomiting
Hypercalcemia can be diagnosed by blood tests. The severity of the hypercalcemia and the underlying cause determine the amount of treatment necessary. When hypercalcemia is due to hyperparathyroidism, surgery may sometimes be needed to remove some or all of the parathyroid gland. Severe hypercalcemia should be treated immediately and aggressively, often with medications and rehydration. Less severe hypercalcemia may warrant less aggressive treatment.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- How do I care after appendectomy
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
Best of tcmwell.com
The internal causes more emotional changes, poor diet Related Information The
Unexplained leukemia is a malignant disease of the blood system. Characterized
Gastric cancer is a common digestive tract cancer, occurred in middle-aged and
1 , Candida infection is the most common symptom is vaginal discharge , itching
Swelling Stiffness of the joint between the pelvic bones (the ilium) and
Bronchial asthma (asthma for short) is an attack of chest tightness, coughing,
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
- Young people how to prevent tuberculosis?
- The human body is composed of more than 200 bones of different shapes and sizes
- Appendicitis in children the disease the reasons
- Chronic nephritis is a common and intractable of chronic kidney disease
- Spinal Arthritis
- How to prevent childhood appendicitis?
- Diagnostic criteria for fungal vaginitis
- The Ethnic Uniqueness Of China's Tibetan Medicine
- chronic gastritis The diagnosis
- Wild Garlic Plants May Treating High Blood Pressure
- New Study Of Prescription
- Primary liver cancer
- Bronchial asthma (asthma for short) is an attack of chest tightness, coughing
- chronic gastritis of Clinical manifestations