History of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Saturday, Aug 29,2009, 3:06:06 PM Click:
Traditional Chinese medical science is an important part of Chinese culture. For thousands of years, traditional medical science has made great contribution to Chinese nation, and it is famous with the obvious effect, special characteristics, unique treating methods, systemic theories and abundant data. Traditional Chinese medical science has become the common wealth of all nations in the world. With the developing history of thousand years, traditional Chinese medical science shows its great life-force, and it is developing fast. This is superiority and characteristic of medical science of China.
The characteristics of traditional Chinese medical science are as follows: Yin and yang thoughts and Five Elements (metal, wood, water, fire and earth) is the theory base, jingluo (passages through which vital energy circulates, regulating bodily functions), internal organs, function of vital energy and state of blood are the functional base, the seven human emotional factors (joy, anger, melancholy, brooding, sorrow, fear and shock) are considered to be the internal factors causing diseases, the imbalance of Yin and Yang is the main cause of diseases, colorful treating means based on medicine taking, acupuncture, massage, qigong (a system of deep breathing exercises) and four methods of diagnosis (observation, auscultation and olfaction, interrogation, pulse feeling and palpatation).
As traditional medical science, Chinese medicine can be dated back to primitive society. The ancestors of Chinese created Chinese medical science in the process of fighting with nature. People found that some certain food can ease off diseases or pains. This should be the origin of the discovery and application of Chinese medicines. On the base of lighting fire and getting warm, people found it is useful to ease off pains to get warm with heated rock or sand. This might be the origin of moxibustion. In the process of working with stone, people found that if one part of body get stimulated, another part will feel good. Base on this, the acupuncture method was invented.
Chinese medicine science dialectics is a subject that correctly knowing of Chinese medicine science. This is the bridge between theory and practice of Chinese medical science. The so-called Zheng is a combination of symptoms and signs, a clinical representation of diseases. For example, the clinical representations might be jaundice, rib pains, heat, bitter in mouth, yellow urine, yellow and thick coating on the tongue and so on.
Chinese medical science started very early. In the Medical Classic of Yellow Emperor, the basic theory system had formed. In late Eastern Han Dynasty, the dialectical treating principles of Chinese medical science had been clearly explained in the book of Shanghan zabinglun which was written by Zhang Zhongjing. Later on, the theory and practice of Chinese medical science developed continuously.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- How do I care after appendectomy
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
Best of tcmwell.com
Primary liver cancer is a malignant tumor occurred in the liver. China's annual
Unexplained leukemia is a malignant disease of the blood system. Characterized
The study, entitled ACE Inhibitor Activity of Nutritive Plants in Kwa-Zulu
Swelling Stiffness of the joint between the pelvic bones (the ilium) and
Where women of child-bearing age, married couples living together for more than
Main symptoms and signs chronic diarrhea without recovery, or dawn diarrhea,
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Chronic nephritis is a common and intractable of chronic kidney disease
- Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract
- Young people how to prevent tuberculosis?
- New Study Of Prescription
- The prevention of chronic gastritis
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
- Bronchial asthma (asthma for short) is an attack of chest tightness, coughing
- Gastric cancer is a common malignant tumor of digestive tract
- History of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Diarrhea Due To Yang Deficiency Of The Spleen And Kidney
- egg increases the risk of developing diabetes
- Primary liver cancer
- Wild Garlic Plants May Treating High Blood Pressure
- Unexplained leukemia is a malignant disease
- Understanding of the causes of hyperlipidemia