Osteoporosis occurs because so far not been fully clear, but the medical profession considers the following factors:
(1) hormonal regulation: the osteoporosis-related as many as eight kinds of hormones such as estrogen, parathyroid hormone, calcitonin, active vitamin D, thyroid hormone, androgen, corticosteroids, growth hormone, etc. the past four kinds of hormones is particularly important. For example, ovariectomized female, or premature, due to reduced estrogen secretion or secretion, prone to osteoporosis. This is because estrogen can inhibit bone resorption and enhance bone cell activity, inhibit osteocalcin melt-out and promote the role of bone remodeling.
(2) nutritional status: nutritional factors, calcium, phosphorus, protein, trace elements (such as fluorine, magnesium, zinc), etc. The lack of osteoporosis-related. Particularly in the areas of calcium and phosphorus are two elements of the lack of the major causes.
(3) Physical factors: physical factors, including whether regular exercise, sunlight exposure situations, gravity load factor. These with the incidence of osteoporosis is closely related to.
(4) Diseases: suffering from kidney disease, liver disease, diabetes, hypertension, hyperthyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, or certain types of cancer.
(5) drugs: long-term use of steroids, anticancer drugs, diuretics, anti-clotting agent, stomach, or pain killers are.
(6) immune function: immune function of bone reconstruction of the adjustment, so changes in immune function and the occurrence of osteoporosis in a relationship.
(7) Genetic factors: Genetic factors of osteoporosis is also an important reason why that occurred, therefore, for patients with severe osteoporosis asked whether they have a family history is necessary.