The Basic Principles Behind TCM Five Elements
The five elements emerged from the observation of the various groups of dynamic processes, functions and characteristics in the natural world. They are:
1. Water: wet, cool, descending, flowing, yielding
2. Fire: dry, hot, ascending, moving
3. Wood: growing, flexible, rooted, strong
4. Metal: cutting, hard, conducting
5. Earth: productive, fertile, potential for growth
Each Element is seen as having a series of correspondences relating both to the natural world and also the human body. Each is linked with a season, a climate, a taste, a colour, a sound, an emotion, an odour, an movement, a sense organ, a body part, a Yang organ and a Yin organ.
TCM uses a system of inter-relationships between the Five Elements in order to understand how the various processes of the body support and control each other. Because of these inter-relationships, when one of the organs and its associated Element is out of balance, the other elements are also affected. This imbalance will manifest in the individual with many different signs and symptoms. It may show in the facial colour, the sound of the voice, a change in the emotional state as well as disharmony in the functioning of the connected organs.
You may also be interested in:
Diabetics prone to lethargy , mainly because of diabetic patients with
1 , upper abdominal pain : This is the most common symptoms of stomach cancer.
Chinese description of the tree in disease. Conditions so that the patient's
TCM Diagnosis The human body is an organic whole, local pathological changes
The disease is clinically divided into the five syndromes of deficiency of qi
Nasal obstruction with whitish and thick nasal dis-charge, hyposmia, or
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Fracture-Nursing Management
- Diarrhea and fever patients should not eat eggs
- Could Premature Babies Face Problems Later in Life?
- Gout can cause diarrhea?
- Aplastic Anemia Medical Management
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Hand Point
- Acute and chronic lymphadenitis
- Tuberculosis of cervical lymph nodes
- Acupuncture Treatments Hemorrhoids
- Cold Vomiting Syndrome Symptoms are vomiting after overeating
Best of tcmwell.com
Increases with age, the gradual physical decline, the gradual lowering of the
People are afraid of cancer, a "cancer on the mere mention of" is, in fact,
Item Location When you draw an imaginary line between the place of the bones
The first is the emergence of different reactions of ordinary people, such as
Acupressure Technique May this be used to sensations ranging from mild
Researchers from the University of Warwick, and University College London, have
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Yongquan
- Gout is how one thing
- Traditional Chinese medicine treatment methods
- Patients with rheumatoid arthritis diet should pay attention to what?
- Headaches and migraines Treatment
- History Of Migraines Associated With Increased Risk Of Retinopathy
- Complications of Asthma
- Insomnia Overview
- Gastric five kinds of alarm signals
- Combining TCM with Antipsychotics Beneficial for Schizophrenia
- How Chinese Medicine Diagnoses Depression
- Chinese medicine fights diabetes, obesity
- How to Understand High Blood Pressure
- TCM diagnostic methods
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Ciliao